With more people leading healthier lifestyles, the use of fitness trackers is on the rise. Which one is best for you? Here are nine key features to look for in the quest to be fit.
As fitness bands and activity trackers have become more popular, it can be tough to know which styles will put you at the top of your game. Here are nine key features to lookfor in a fitness tracker to help you get in shape with ease.
Nine key fitness tracker features
Choosing a fitness tracker is all about the features you want to have. Look for these options:
- Distance tracker: Any fitness tracker will log your steps and distance over a workout. Higher-end fitness bands offer distance tracking over larger periods of times to assess your fitness progression.
- Calorie tracker: Most fitness bands will track the number of calories you burn to let you know the precise outcome of your workouts. Some fitness bands also have calorie intake and weight trackers. These allow you to input your food intake and weigh calories burned against calories eaten.
- Heart rate monitor: The heart rate monitor allows you to gauge and control the intensity of your workout.
- Sleep tracking: Sleep tracking allows you to monitor the length and quality of your sleep. This option is great for anyone looking to improve general fitness and physical health.
- Display size: Bigger displays allow you to more easily navigate through the different functions of your fitness band. The tradeoff is bulk for browsability.
- Wireless technology capable: This feature allows you to quickly and easily connect your fitness band to your other wireless devices.
- Water and sweat resistance: Water and sweat resistance is important for prolonging the life of your workout tracker.
- Water proofing: For swimming laps in the pool, water resistance will not be enough. Waterproof fitness bands are perfect for swimmers or anyone looking for the extra workout option.
- Adjustable band: Bands often have slats or another mechanism for adjusting comfortably to your wrist.
Factors to consider
Compatibility: Fitness bands may offer tracker software or compatibility with your computer or mobile device to let you view and track your progress.
- Look for brands that are built to connect seamlessly with your devices. Some fitness trackers have corresponding apps to further control your workout through your mobile device.
Battery life: Some fitness bands are more energy efficient than others and can be used for longer without having to charge up or replace the batteries.
- Find a balance between usability and battery life with brand-specific battery life estimates and customer reviews.
Size: A well-fitting band is essential for running and other sporting activities.
- Find a band that adjusts and isn’t too clunky on your wrist.
A user-friendly and reliable fitness band makes your workout a no-brainer. Track your fitness goals with the press of a button, so you can clear your head and focus on becoming healthier and stronger.